About Me

My photo
I've been happily married to Jim for 44 years (but I don't know how that could be since I really don't feel that old), have 2 married children, and 5 precious grandchildren (seen above).

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Truth About The New Year

Happy 2012!  I love starting a new year.  It gives me a chance to have new goals, fresh starts, and try to accomplish the goals I didn't accomplish last year.  It seems there are always a lot of those.  But I am determined to keep plugging away!  I will not give up!  So at least I'll be going in the right direction.

It's important to keep at it.  It's important to have goals.  It's important to move in the right direction.  Like Winston Churchill said, " Never, never, never, never give up."  (I'm not sure how many "nevers" he said, but you get the point.) 

But it's even more important to give yourself lots of grace - and other people as well.  Messed up on those resolutions already?  Quit bad-mouthing yourself and start again.  Whatever made you think you're perfect?

"...one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment