About Me

My photo
I've been happily married to Jim for 44 years (but I don't know how that could be since I really don't feel that old), have 2 married children, and 5 precious grandchildren (seen above).

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Truth About Focus

Have you ever noticed that WHAT we focus on determines HOW we think?  In other words, our thoughts usually determine our attitudes. 

For instance, if we think about not liking certain weather, we will probably be in a lousy mood when it occurs. I've met so many people who say they just HATE rainy days or snow or cold weather or hot weather.  I wonder what would happen if we were just thankful for the variety of weather God has given us.  We would probably go nuts if every day was sunny or cloudy or cold or hot.  (Probably why not many people choose to live in the Artic or Anartica).

If we think something doesn't interest us, we will feel bored when that occurs.  Children often say they are bored.  But when any person says that, aren't they really saying, "I'm not having my selfish desires met."? 

Maybe if we focused on the wonderful gifts God has given us:  the breath of life, THIS day, people we care about, a roof over our head, food, clothes - what we have right now - we would be grateful to our Creator and would want to do something for HIM, instead of for ourselves.  Then I suspect we wouldn't be bored or in a bad mood at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment