About Me

My photo
I've been happily married to Jim for 44 years (but I don't know how that could be since I really don't feel that old), have 2 married children, and 5 precious grandchildren (seen above).

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Truth About Meanness

Ok, it's after midnight and I couldn't sleep, so I decided to finish a couple of blog drafts and write this one.

It is so distressing when a loved one is hurt.  It takes a lot to bother me about me, but not when it's my loved one.  My natural instinct is to lash out.  Sometimes I do that and I'm always sorry for not having taken the high road - I'll rephrase that - for not having done it the Lord's way.  I'm a strong protector because of my dysfunctional background, so it has taken a long time to curb that natural instinct.  Don't get me wrong.  I still protect.  But God has shown me that He is a better Protector.  I'm so grateful for that.

A verse that has helped me this time is Romans 12:21:  "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."  So I trust the Lord to protect my loved one and make things right.  Way to go, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment