About Me

My photo
I've been happily married to Jim for 44 years (but I don't know how that could be since I really don't feel that old), have 2 married children, and 5 precious grandchildren (seen above).

Thursday, January 20, 2011

"The Lord Is My Pacesetter"

This is a good one.  Enjoy!

"The Lord is my Pacesetter, I shall not rush.  He makes me stop and rest for quiet intervals;  He provides me with images of stillness, which restore my serenity.  He leads me in ways of efficiency through calmness of mind.  And His guidance is peace.  Even though I have a great many things to accomplish each day,  I will not fret, for His presence is hereHis timelessness, His all-importance will keep me in balance.  He prepares refreshment and renewal in the midst of my activity by anointing my mind with His oils of tranquillity.  My cup of joyous energy overflows.  Surely harmony and effectiveness shall be the fruit of my hours for I shall walk in the place of my Lord and dwell in His house forever."  (From Guide My Feet, by Marian Wright Edelman)

No comments:

Post a Comment