About Me

My photo
I've been happily married to Jim for 44 years (but I don't know how that could be since I really don't feel that old), have 2 married children, and 5 precious grandchildren (seen above).

Monday, February 1, 2010

Why Truth?

Back in the days of primal television, there was a game show called "Truth or Consequences". (OK, so you know I'm no "spring chicken"! In fact, the eggs have hatched and the chicks have not only left the nest, they've hatched their own eggs!) Anyhow, I did enjoy that show and enjoyed trying to figure out who of the three contestants was really telling the truth about themselves. Trust me, there were some really good liars out there!!

But now that I'm more mature, shall we say, I find that trying to figure out who's telling the truth is not only not enjoyable, it can be downright stressful and distressful. How can we really know? Who can we really trust? There are still some really good liars out there!!

Well, 37 years ago, I discovered that I could know the Truth and that Truth set me free. I was set free from fear and worry and hatred and bitterness and anxiety and self-absorption and self-centeredness and insecurity and frustration and turmoil and unrest and ignorance. Of course this didn't happen all at once. In fact, I'm still a flawed human being and I'm still in the process of being set free. In fact, I can still have a tiny bit of the above rear its ugly head occasionally. But I know what to do about it now.

So because I know there are probably millions of people like myself - both then and now - I want to share the truth as I've learned it and the consequences that I've seen and/or experienced from a lack of truth. Let the truth adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment